It can be hard to motivate yourself to get out of bed in the morning, but knowing you have a delicious breakfast planned is certainly part of the battle.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups milk (cow’s, almond, or coconut), divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional, or to taste)
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a saucepan, combine the oats and 1½ cups of the milk and place over medium-low heat. Add the salt and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes, or until the oats are super creamy. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cocoa, maple syrup, chocolate, and remaining ½ cup milk. Stir in the vanilla.
Serve with extra chopped chocolate on top.